Terms & Conditions
Who you are contracting with:
- www.mydstv.org (the "Websites") is owned and operated by Satellite Solutions, (hereinafter referred to as "Satellite Solutions").
- Visitors to the Website ("Users" or "you"), including those Users who purchase any products on the Website ("Purchasers") are bound by these terms and conditions ("T&C"). If you do not agree to these T&C, do not continue to use the Website. Your continued use of the Website will constitute acceptance of the T&C, unmodified by you.
Lay-out of these T&C: These T&C apply to your use of, and purchases made on, the Website and are divided into various sections as follows:
- Part 1 – Purchases from Satellite Solutions – terms and conditions applying to purchases from Satellite Solutions (including where Satellite Solutions acts as sales agent for suppliers)
- Part 2 – General – terms and conditions applying to your use of the Website and any purchases made by you on the Website. Please take note of the Disclaimer clause in particular.
PART 1 – PURCHASES FROM Satellite Solutions
Satellite Solutions Products & Availability
Identification of Satellite Solutions products:
Product listings which do not specify the name of a third party seller, are products offered for sale by Satellite Solutions and, once added to your shopping basket, might reflect the Satellite Solutions icon.
Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. Satellite Solutions shall take all reasonable efforts to ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued. However, should Satellite Solutions be unable to fulfil any order placed by you at the advertised price due to stock having sold out, Satellite Solutions will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such product, as explained in more detail in the Refund Policy ("Refund Policy")
If you are unfamiliar with digital products, please pay particular attention to the "eBooks" clauses herein below, which describes the nature and limited functionality and usage rights of eBooks.
Please note that although Satellite Solutions endeavours to accurately describe and/or depict each product on the Website, some descriptions or photographs may be of a generic nature and not specific to the particular product you wish to buy. However, should you be dissatisfied with the product you receive for any reason, you are entitled to return the product to Satellite Solutions for a full refund within 7 days of delivery. Please see our Refund Policy in this regard (which explains how and when you can be refunded, as well as how returns are to be made).
"eBooks" and "Links" thereto eBooks
In these T&C, an "eBook" means an electronic book, in .pdf or .epub format, capable of being opened and read on your PC or Mac computer, or certain other hardware devices ("Devices"), using Adobe Digital Editions software ("Adobe Reader"), such digital content reader applications hereinafter referred to as "Reader Application". Satellite Solutions recommends Adobe Reader which is available for download at http://www.adobe.com
Limits to functionality and usage of eBooks:
eBooks will not be able to be read on Devices that do not support the recommended Reader Application.
Even if a Device supports the Reader Application, eBooks will only be able to be read on such Device/s as you have associated with your profile in such Reader Application. If you have not registered with the Reader Application, you will only be able to read the eBook on the Device onto which it was first downloaded.
You will need to be connected to the internet when you download an eBook and open it for the first time. On subsequent openings of the eBook, you will not need to be connected to the internet, provided you are opening the eBook from the Device you registered with the relevant Reader Application when you first downloaded and opened the eBook.
Illegal Use of eBooks
All eBooks are the exclusive property of the publisher or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The download of eBooks is intended for your personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of eBooks purchased from Satellite Solutions is strictly prohibited.
You may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the content of eBooks, in whole or in part, and more specifically, you will not print, copy, or ‘lend’ eBooks to any other person (“Illegal Activities”). By downloading any eBook, you hereby acknowledge and agree to these terms. You hereby undertake that you shall not attempt to be able to do any of the Illegal Activities and should any of the Illegal Activities be possible for some reason, you undertake to not do so. You hereby indemnify Satellite Solutions from any and all loss, damage, or expense it may suffer or from claims which may be made by third parties against Satellite Solutions which arise from or in relation to your having participated in any Illegal Activities in relation to any eBook sold by Satellite Solutions.
Ordering eBooks from Satellite Solutions
You will only be able to include one eBook of any specific type in an order.
If you have any eBooks in your basket together with other products, the basket will be split into different orders.
When purchasing an eBook from Satellite Solutions, you will be purchasing the right to download such eBook from the relevant publisher’s website and consequently, delivery will take place electronically via the internet as described below.
Practical issues to note in utilising the Link to download the eBook:
The Link will contain your unique reference number as allocated by the publisher of the eBook.
By clicking on the Link, a small “readme” file, will be available to download. Such “readme” file should also make the Adobe Reader available to you for installation on your computer hardware. If not, you can obtain Adobe Reader by visiting http://get.adobe.com/reader/
If you have any problems relating to the functionality of your Link, please report same to Satellite Solutions at our call centre or via email, so that we can assist you in resolving the problem.
Agreements of Sale
Placing a product in a shopping basket or adding it to a wishlist without completing the purchase cycle does not:
- constitute an agreement of sale; and/or
- constitute an order for such product,
and as such, Satellite Solutions may remove such product from the shopping basket or wishlist if stock becomes unavailable and you cannot hold Satellite Solutions liable if such product is not available when the purchase cycle is completed at a later stage.
An agreement of sale only comes into effect if and when:
- you electronically submit a properly completed order for one or more products in your shopping basket; and
- payment is either authorised, or received by Satellite Solutions in its bank account
Termination of Sales & Cancellation of Orders
- By Satellite Solutions: Satellite Solutions reserves the right, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud , to refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between you and Satellite Solutions, in whole or in part, on notice to you. Satellite Solutions shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you (see Satellite Solutions's Refund Policy in this regard), and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such refusal to process any order/sale.
- By You: Save for certain exceptions (including eBooks), and subject to certain charges you are entitled to cancel any sale concluded on this Website within 7 days after date of receipt of the goods and to obtain a refund. You may also cancel a sale where delivery is delayed beyond the stipulated delivery date/timeframe (or where none is specified, beyond 30 days from the order date). Please read the Refund Policy for further details in this regard.
Amounts payable by You
The price of each product is displayed with the product listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed.
Delivery charges differ depending on a variety of factors, including product type, price, and weight, as well as whether delivery is to be made within, or outside, the borders of South Africa.
Value Added Tax:
At this stage Satellite Solutions does not charge VAT. Once registered, we’ll publicly display our VAT number and start charging VAT. VAT is not payable on orders if both the billing and the shipping address are international.
Satellite Solutions shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Satellite Solutions will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, but shall refund monies paid by you should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
Subject to the Exceptions listed below, your payment for any products ordered from Satellite Solutions must be made to Satellite Solutions's bank account in any one of the following ways:
- Credit card payments (www.shop.mydstv.org)
At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and payment is collected immediately. If bank’s authorisation is not obtained, the order will be cancelled.
- Bank deposits & Electronic Funds Transfer.
If you select the 'pay via bank wire' button, instructions will be given on how to deposit monies into Satellite Solutions's bank account and it would be subject to the following rules:
- the exact amount must be paid;
- the payment must be identified by supplying the order number in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer;
- no transfers may be made from ATM's;
- cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period of 14 days.;
- no bank deposits are accepted from outside the borders of South Africa; and
- your order will be cancelled if you choose to pay by bank deposit and the amount due is not paid within 5 business days.
- Pre-order products: Products identified as being on pre-order (in that they can be ordered in advance of their public release date) can only be paid for by credit card.
Where we deliver: Satellite Solutions delivers to addresses both within and beyond the borders of South Africa, save for the following:
Within South Africa only: the following types of products which will only be delivered to addresses within the Republic of South Africa
- Items that weigh 10kg or more;
- Electronic and Audiovisual merchandise;
- Inside the borders of South Africa
All Satellite Solutions items listed on the Website should have an indication of the delivery time. Where not indicated, note the following in particular:
- 24 hour - delivery on other selected products for main centres in South Africa – Satellite Solutions offers a next-day (paid) counter-to-counter delivery service on selected products (i.e. where the total order weight is under 3KG) but only for main centres in South Africa. If all the items in your basket are 24-hour delivery products and the order is placed, paid and released before 10h00 on a business day (being Monday to Friday), and the delivery address specified by you is located in a main centre, you will receive it the following day (eg: if you place your order before 10h00 on Friday, delivery will be made on Monday). "Main centres" include any destination within a 50km radius of the following cities: Pretoria, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, George, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Nelspruit. Delivery outside main centres is usually within 3-5 working days.
- Outside the borders of South Africa
Goods to the following international destinations are sent as follows:
- African countries - delivery to a post office in such African country only;
- All other countries - via airmail parcel post or via courier (the costs of courier delivery usually being very high and determined on an ad hoc basis).
Delivery usually takes place within 2 or 3 weeks after dispatch, however, seasonal peaks and delays at customs is outside the control of Satellite Solutions and deliveries may take up to 12 weeks.
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Delivery periods are only regarded as having commenced upon payment confirmation being received by Satellite Solutions.
- If products with different delivery times are ordered together, the product with the longest delivery time will determine the delivery time of all the products in the order. Should you thus wish to receive 24 hour products within 24 hours, for example, Satellite Solutions recommends that you order such products separately from the products requiring longer delivery times.
- Satellite Solutions makes every effort to ensure that the information supplied on the Website is accurate. Where delays and out of stock situations occur, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the Purchaser.
- If paying with a credit card for the first time on the Website, Payfast may carry out certain fraud checks with the cardholder’s bank and the delivery period shall only be regarded as having commenced upon completion of such checks.
- Pre-order products (being products you can order in advance of their public release date) will be handled separately, and will be shipped when ready. If you have any pre-orders in your basket together with other products, the basket will be split into a different orders, and you may choose different delivery addresses for each order.
eBooks are digital products which will be delivered to you electronically via the internet. More specifically, delivery will occur as follows:
- Upon receipt or confirmation of payment, Satellite Solutions will obtain your Link to the relevant eBook from the relevant eBook publisher and deliver such Link to you in your "My Orders" page on the Website.
- The speed of delivery of a Link will depend on a variety of factors, most of which are internet related and beyond Satellite Solutions's control (such as server availability, ADSL lines etc) and as such, Satellite Solutions does not hereby undertake to make delivery within any specific timeframe. However, as a guide only, delivery should occur within a few seconds, but can also take up to a number of hours.
You will be able to access and click on the Link at any time following delivery thereof to you, subject to certain restrictions. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS:
- so as to reduce the risk of fraud, eBook publishers limit the number of times any Link can be clicked before access to the Link is blocked. You will be able to click on such Link at least once, but acknowledge that access to the Link may become blocked after your first click so as to prevent fraud;
- the Link will not appear if you have removed it, or Satellite Solutions has removed it pursuant to your having 'returned' the eBook (if possible in accordance with Satellite Solutions's Refund Policy from time to time);
- Satellite Solutions does not guarantee that eBook publishers will make their eBooks available for download indefinitely and Satellite Solutions accepts no responsibility or liability to you or any other person if, upon your accessing and clicking the Link, the relevant eBook publisher no longer has the eBook available for download via such Link.
Vouchers & Coupons
Satellite Solutions may make physical and/or electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”), as well as electronic promotional coupons (“Coupons”) available on the Website from time to time.
Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed -
- while they are valid, their expiry dates being unable to be extended;
- on the Website towards the purchase of Satellite Solutions products
Physical Vouchers can be purchased and will be delivered in the same way that Satellite Solutions products are, either on their own or together with other products.
However, if you place any electronic Vouchers in your shopping basket with other goods, the system will split the basket contents into two orders (one for the goods, and one for the electronic Voucher/s). Payment for the electronic Voucher/s will also be obtained from the bank immediately.
Vouchers cannot be –
- used to purchase other Vouchers or Coupons;
- exchanged for cash or
- transferred or assigned to any other person once already partially redeemed towards a purchase.
Please note that certain Vouchers may be product-specific in that they can only be used to purchase specific Satellite Solutions products listed on the Website. For example, although general Vouchers can be used to purchase any Satellite Solutions products on the Website (including eBooks), eBook Vouchers can only be used to purchase eBooks on the Website.
PART 3 – GENERAL
Note that this part 3 applies to all purchases made on the Website.
Restrictions on Sales
The onus is on you to ensure that you and/or the person for whom you may be buying a product on the Website, meet any age restrictions applicable to such products ordered by you on the Website (including DVD’s and Videos) and that these restrictions are observed. For example, if you make a Website purchase of toys for a child, the onus is on you to ensure that the toy is suitable for such child’s age (as the case may be). Accordingly you indemnify Satellite Solutions from any and all liability in this regard, including any liability arising as a result of your failure to provide accurate information in this regard when completing the Website registration process.
Regional encoding of DVDs:
Most of the DVDs available for purchase on the Website are encoded for use in region 2 or are encoded for multiple zones. DVD's encoded for other zones will be indicated as such. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you purchase DVD's of the correct zone.
Defects, Returns, Refunds & Guarantees
Should you not be satisfied with any product purchased by you on the Website, by reason of a defect, you may, under certain circumstances, be entitled to either be refunded or have the product repaired or replaced, as the case may be. The Refund Policy regulates your rights in this regard, and how products are to be returned to us. Please read our Refund Policy.
A full record of every sale and related transaction between you and Satellite Solutions shall be maintained on the Website for a period of 12 months following the date of such sale or related transaction. You shall thus only be able to view and print such record during such period, whereafter, you shall be responsible for retaining your own record of the relevant sale or related transaction.
Save for Satellite Solutions being liable to you –
- under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) in relation to any products sold by Satellite Solutions to you via the Website; and
- under sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act in relation to Satellite Solutions’s payment systems not being sufficiently secure,
Neither Satellite Solutions nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this Website or the services or content provided from and through this Website. Furthermore, Satellite Solutions makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors via email.
Although the products sold via the Website may be under warranty, the Website itself is supplied on an "as is" basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet your individual requirements. It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to accepting these T&C that the service available from and through this Website will meet your individual requirements and be compatible with your hardware and/or software.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Satellite Solutions and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law and, subject to the 'Disputes' clause of these T&C, you and Satellite Solutions submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Satellite Solutions shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). PAIA may be downloaded from: http://us-cdn.creamermedia.co.za/assets/articles/attachments/03569_promofaccestoinfoact2.pdf
Satellite Solutions may electronically collect, store and use the following of your personal information:
- name and surname;
- birth date;
- country of residence;
- closest city;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- e-mail address;
- mobile number (if provided by you);
- IP address; and
- ID number / passport number.
Satellite Solutions collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- to greet you when you access the Website;
- subject to your consent, to inform you of facts relating to your access and use of the Website;
- subject to your consent, to inform you about competitions and special offers from Satellite Solutions and/or its partners / affiliates;
- to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Website;
- to verify your identity when transacting with Satellite Solutions;
- to verify your identity to determine whether you are a registered Payfast user who has placed your credit card details on record with Payfast;
- to ensure that the goods are received by the addressee; and
Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by you. You may determine cookie use independently through your browser settings.
You may elect not to receive any communications from Satellite Solutions and/or its partners / affiliates.
Satellite Solutions may collect, maintain, save, compile and share any information collected from you, subject to the following provisions:
- Satellite Solutions shall not disclose your personal information unless –
- you consent thereto;
- through due legal process.
- Satellite Solutions may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual; and
- Satellite Solutions owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Satellite Solutions.
You acknowledge and agree that certain personal information (i.e. your full names, delivery address, email address, and contact number) will be disclosed to 3rd party service providers to enable delivery of such products to you and to facilitate communication between you in relation to your purchase of such products.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Satellite Solutions suffers any damage or loss.
You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password shall:
- be used for your personal use only; and
- not be disclosed to any third party.
You allow Satellite Solutions to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Website and back-office applications.
All credit card transactions are Secure Socket Layers encrypted. Satellite Solutions's registration documents and the Website's registered domain name are checked and verified by Payfast.
Changes to Agreement
Satellite Solutions may, in its sole discretion, change these T&C or any part thereof at any time on notice to you.. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are satisfied with the amendments. Should you not be satisfied with the amendments, you must refrain from placing any further orders on, or from using in any way, the Website.
Between you and Satellite Solutions
Save for urgent or interim relief which may be granted by a competent court, in the event of any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between you and Satellite Solutions on any matter provided for in, or arising out of these T&C, and not resolved through the Customer Relations Department of Satellite Solutions, then such a dispute shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in terms of the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. The expedited arbitration rules may be downloaded fromhttp://www.arbitration.co.za/downloads/expedited_rules.pdf.
Address for Notices
Satellite Solutions chooses as its address for all purposes under these T&C, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, the following address: P.O. Box 79, Table View, Cape Town, 7439, South Africa, with a copy to legal@Satellite Solutions.co.za (the sending of such copy being required in order for any notice to be validly delivered to Satellite Solutions).
Term and Termination
These T&C shall commence from the date on which they are published on the Website and continue indefinitely, as amended by Satellite Solutions from time to time (as described above), for so long as the Website exists and is operational, Satellite Solutions being entitled to terminate these T&C and/or shut down the Website at any time (subject to still processing any orders then already placed and accepted by Satellite Solutions).
Copyright & other Intellectual Property Rights
Any and all copyright subsisting in the Website, including these T&C, vests in Satellite Solutions and all rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Unless you have registered as an reseller with Satellite Solutions, you may only download, view and print content from this Website for private and non-commercial purposes. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any content on this Website e-mail us or phone customer support on +27 (0)21 557 0174 for assistance.
Satellite Solutions cannot screen or edit all the content available from the Website and does not accept any liability for illegal, defamatory or obscene content. You are encouraged to inform Satellite Solutions of any content that may be offensive or illegal.
All the content, trademarks and data on this Website, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or licensed to Satellite Solutions and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties.
When you visit the Website or send e-mails to Satellite Solutions, you consent to receiving communications from Satellite Solutions electronically and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by Satellite Solutions satisfy any legal requirements, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be "in writing".
Hyperlinks, Framing, Spiders & Crawlers
Hyperlinks provided on this Website to non-Satellite Solutions sites are provided as is and Satellite Solutions does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on such web pages.
No person, business or web site may frame this site or any of the pages on this Website in any way whatsoever.
No person, business or web site may use any technology to search and gain any information from this Website without the prior written permission of Satellite Solutions. Such permission could be obtained from info@Satellite Solutions.co.za.
The ECT Act states that when goods or services are offered by way of certain electronic transactions, the seller thereof must make certain information about it available to customers on websites where the goods or services are offered.
Satellite Solutions's information is as follows:
Full name: Hendrik Pienaar t/a Satellite Solutions
Main business: Online retailer
Address for receipt of legal service: PO Box 13347 N1 City Goodwood 7463, Republic of South Africa
Office bearers: Hendrik Pienaar (Member)
Official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Refunds Generally – for purchases from both Satellite Solutions
1.1 NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS - YOUR RIGHTS TO ‘COOL OFF’
Save for certain exceptional cases (as listed below), you are entitled to cancel any purchase made via this Website within 48 hours after you confirmed your order to obtain a full purchase price refund, subject to being charged by the seller thereof for the return of the product (which, in the case of a product sold by Satellite Solutions, must occur by following the returns procedure set out in the ‘Arranging Returns’ section below). Note that although you are entitled to ‘cool off’ and cancel your purchase as aforesaid, you must return the product in the condition you received it.
EXCEPTIONS: the ability to cancel purchases of non-defective products as set out above will NOT apply in respect of the following types of products:
- Books, magazines, newspapers and periodicals;
- Audio or video recordings (ie CD’s or DVD’s) or computer software (ie computer games) which have been opened/un-sealed;
- Products which by reason of their nature cannot be returned (which include eBooks, eMagazines, electronic Vouchers, and for hygiene reasons, iPods and earrings for pierced ears).
You will only be entitled to a refund in respect of the exceptions listed above in the event and to the extent that any such refund is provided for under the express provisions of this Refund Policy herein below.
1.2 LATE DELIVERY
If a product purchased is not delivered within the agreed delivery period, or where no specific period was agreed, within 30 days after having purchased the Product, the ECT Act entitles you to cancel such sale on 7 days notice to the seller of such product (i.e. either Satellite Solutions or the relevant Seller, as the case may be), in writing or e-mail with proof of receipt.
Should a product purchased be unavailable, the seller thereof must notify you and issue a full refund within 30 days after such notice.
2. Refunds on purchases from Satellite Solutions
2.1 EARLY CANCELLATIONS – PENALTY FREE*
Save for any purchase of an eBook or electronic Voucher, which cannot be cancelled once purchased, you are entitled to cancel (either in whole or in part) any sale without attracting any cancellation and/or administration charges if you cancel prior to the packaging of the products so sold. Such early cancellations can only be effected by e-mail with proof of delivery.
* If timeously cancelled as aforesaid, you will be fully refunded in respect of such cancelled sale (including delivery charges), without any administrative or other charges being payable; provided that, should a sale only be partially cancelled and delivery charges as re-calculated on the value of the revised order exceed the delivery charges as calculated on the original order, you shall be liable for the amount of such excess delivery charges.
2.2 DEFECTIVE / DAMAGED / UNSUITABLE PRODUCTS
- GENERAL RULE: If, within 24 hours after delivery of a product to you,
- you find that the product is defective/faulty, unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated in the product description (or otherwise generally intended), not legal, or not reasonably durable (based on circumstances and product type) (hereinafter referred to as being “Defective”); and
- you arrange to return such product to Satellite Solutions for inspection in the manner described in the ‘Arranging Returns’ section below (being the ONLY manner in which returns will be accepted)
and the product is subsequently found -
- to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to have the product repaired or replaced at Satellite Solutions’s expense;
- NOT to be Defective, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having such product tested and returned to Satellite Solutions and then re-delivered to you.
- WHEN IS A PRODUCT ‘DEFECTIVE’? Please note that the following issues/problems will NOT render the product Defective as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- where you, or someone unauthorised to do so by Satellite Solutions, has altered or damaged the product. IMPORTANT: you should refuse to accept delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left (eg a cracked screen), then you must report it to Satellite Solutions as soon as possible and within 48 hours. If only reported after 48 hours, it is reasonable for Satellite Solutions or its suppliers to determine that the damage was caused post delivery;
- where a toy is not suitable for your child because of his/her age, but the toy is only suitable for children over a certain age, as may be expressly indicated, or reasonably obvious from the nature of the toy;
- where an item of clothing does not fit you because your measurements do not accord with the item’s size (ie you have incorrectly estimated/measured your size);
- encoding on DVD’s not being compliant with your zone (save where the encoding was incorrectly specified in the relevant product description);
- electronic hardware or software (including computer games) purchased by you which are not compatible with your operating system and/or existing hardware . Consequently, before purchasing any electronic hardware or software, please confirm that same is compatible with your existing hardware and operating system. System requirements are usually available on the manufacturer’s website
- Photographic & electronic equipment which shows evidence of (a) impact, sand, liquid or moisture damage; (b) dropping, mishandling or tampering; (c) battery or chemical corrosion; (d) damage caused by connected equipment; or (d) use contrary to the applicable instruction manual
- if an eBook does not give you access to the relevant eBook because –
- you have no internet connection, or the is blocked by your firewalls, or a similar internet or network related restriction is present on your end;
- in the case of an eBook, you have clicked on the Link more than once; or
- payment therefor has failed.
- the inability to open or read an eBook pdf file -
- on more than one Device simultaneously;
- due to the related Reader application or Adobe Digital Editions Reader application (as the case may be) being faulty/defective;
- on a Device which you have not yet associated/registered with the relevant Reader Application; or
- because you are unable to associate your device with a Reader Application because you are not connected to the internet;
- EXCEPTIONS TO THE GENERAL RULE:
- Special Offers: If the product was ordered pursuant to a “Special Offer” and such product is no longer being offered at the special price, should you elect to have the product repaired or replaced, Satellite Solutions will only be able to repair, not replace same.
- Certain product types which have been opened: To combat the illegal copying of digital media, if the following types of products are returned for being defective or damaged, they will only be replaced with another copy of the same product and will not be refunded: CDs, Videos, DVDs, audio tapes, computer software, games and printer consumables.
- Photographic equipment: When returning the product, the relevant invoice and proof of payment must also be returned to Satellite Solutions. Assessments and repairs are carried out by the approved repair centres and may take up to 6 weeks.
Due to the many variables which could render an eBook (being the .pdf or .epub file) or the Link thereto problematic or defective; the fact that it is not possible to return a defective Link or eBook to Satellite Solutions for inspection; and the resultant difficulty in proving the existence or cause of any defect, any alleged defect in an eBook or Link thereto shall be dealt with as follows:
- Should you experience any problems in using the Link to access the eBook, or in opening or reading the eBook itself, you must report the problem to Satellite Solutions via email or by contacting the call centre at +27 21 557 0174, within 48 hours of purchase.
- If timeously reported as aforesaid, Satellite Solutions shall assist you in determining the possible cause/s of the problem and how to rectify same. If Satellite Solutions deems it necessary, it may liaise with the relevant service providers in this regard to rectify the problem or to issue you with a new Link if required, but no refunds shall be issued unless Satellite Solutions, determines that a refund would be appropriate.
- It should be noted that it will be even more unlikely that Satellite Solutions deems a refund appropriate if you have already downloaded the eBook. Consequently, if you believe an error has been made in your purchase (ie you’ve accidentally ordered the incorrect eBook), please report the problem to Satellite Solutions WITHOUT clicking on the Link to download the eBook.
- Manufacturer’s Warranties/Guarantees: Certain products may carry additional manufacturer’s warranties/guarantees which are wider in scope, and/or longer in duration, than the 3 month warranty generally provided. Consequently, if a defect is discovered AFTER 3 months from delivery, you could still rely on the following:
- Electronic hardware (excluding Gaming Consoles)
- Electronic hardware manufacturer guarantees are normally a 1 year repair guarantee. Satellite Solutions’s liability under such Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantee is restricted to the costs of repair or replacement of faulty goods or granting of a credit at the sole discretion of Satellite Solutions and its suppliers after investigation and/or testing of goods.
- All Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantees are immediately null and void should any equipment be tampered with, or the seals on equipment be broken by anyone other than the manufacturer’s representative, or the goods be operated outside the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Under no circumstances will Satellite Solutions be liable for any damage arising from any misuse or abuse of the goods.
- No writable media CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RW may be returned under an Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantee.
- Gaming Consoles
Warranties on gaming consoles (Playstation, Xbox 360, Nintendo) are carried by the manufacturer and are not the responsibility of Satellite Solutions. For gaming console warranty claims please contact the following:
Playstation warranty claims please contact: 0861 773 783 Partserve
Wii warranty claim please contact: 087 940 3200 Nintendo
Xbox warranty claims please contact: 0861 926 360 Midigital
- Games and Software
Defective games and other software may be exchanged for the same game/software, but no refunds will be payable.
- Photographic Equipment:
- The Manufacturer warranties on Photographic Equipment (“Photographic Equipment Warranty”) endure for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase (“Photographic Equipment Warranty Period”) against defects in workmanship and materials.
- To obtain service under this warranty, the product together with the original invoice and proof of payment must be sent back to Satellite Solutions.
- The Photographic Equipment Warranty set forth above does not cover:
- routine cleaning or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear and tear;
- damages, defects or unsatisfactory performance caused by the attachment of lenses, flashes or other accessories not produced by the same company as the product purchased; or
- damages, defects or unsatisfactory performance caused by repairs performed by any party other than a facility authorized by Satellite Solutions.
2.3 NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
Products which are NOT defective, damaged or unsuitable as discussed above, but which you want to return for whatever reason, can be returned within 48 hours from confirmation, as explained above under ‘Non-Defective Products – your right to ‘Cool Off’. by following the returns procedure set out in ‘Arranging Returns’ below.
NOTE: If you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the Product. Jewellery and accessories in particular, need to be returned in mint condition and not have been tampered with. Remember that Satellite Solutions may hold you liable for any damage you cause to the product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
Incorrect Product: If the incorrect Product is delivered to you by mistake (ie it is not the Product you purchased), please do not remove the Product from its original packaging, open or use the Product in any way. Please promptly contact the Satellite Solutions call centre at +27 21 557 0174 to notify Satellite Solutions thereof, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such Product from you and deliver the correct Product to you, as quickly as possible.
2.4 ARRANGING RETURNS
If you want to return a product you have purchased from Satellite Solutions for any reason permitted under this Refund Policy, you must in all instances first notify Satellite Solutions thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via either:
- our email at: info@Satellite Solutions.co.za
- our call centre at: +27 21 557 0174.
Once you have successfully logged your return as aforesaid, Satellite Solutions will issue you with a returns authorisation number (“RA Number”) and arrange for the return of the product. You must ensure that the Product to be returned is packed so as to comply with the following:
- the Product is properly protected;
- save where being returned due to being Defective, the Product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (ie the product must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of electronic hardware, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed); and
- aforesaid RA Number is accurately reflected on the return slip.
- Satellite Solutions is not able to accept the return of any products which have not gone through the above process and/or are not accompanied by a valid RA Number. Products returned without a valid RA Number will not have been validly returned and may be sent back to you at your expense.
- Please treat products and packaging with reasonable care while in your possession. Nothing herein detracts from any right Satellite Solutions may have to hold you liable for any damage you cause to a product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
2.5 PROCESSING OF REFUNDS
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall –
a) in the case of payment having been made by credit card, be effected on the credit card account as the case may be, provided that if you are refunded on a credit card in respect of only a portion of any order placed by you, then any subsequent refunds processed in respect of that order will be credited to your Satellite Solutions shopper profile in accordance with (b) below;
b) in other instances, be credited to your Satellite Solutions shopper profile, in which case you have the right to request that the funds be paid into your bank account, being your bank account as reflected on Satellite Solutions’s records. Satellite Solutions will not, in this instance, pay funds into a third party bank account.
As refunds need to be processed by the banks, please note that the processing of refunds can take up to 5 working days from approval date.
3. INSTALLATION SPECIFIC
All installation prices quoted on any of the website/s, is based on the assumption that the equipment will be installed in a standard domestic environment and subject to a site visit. Should we deem it nessasary to adjust the quoted fee, you (the customer) will be advised before the installation commences. Should you and the technician not reach an agreement after such a price adjustment, all payment made in advance, will be refunded in full and the entire transaction cancelled. The following is not considered a standard installation:
3.1 STANDARD DOMESTIC INSTALLATION
All installation price/s quoted on any of the Satellite Solutions website/s, is based on the assumption that the specified equipment will be installed in a standard domestic environment and are subject to a site visit. Should we or a technician representing us, deem it necessary to adjust the quoted fee, the customer will be advised before the installation commences. *If we cannot reach an agreement to continue after such a price adjustment, any payment/s made towards this specific transaction, in advance, will be refunded in full and the entire transaction void. Any of the following is not considered a standard installation :
- Any commercial installation
- Any installation higher than a 2nd floor from ground level
- Any installation through conduit with more than one bend i.e. from roof level down under a floor and up again
- Any installation where the distance between two points exceed 25 meters (in cable length)
- Any installation requiring surface mounting of cable i.e. flat roofs
- Any installation in or through a thatch roof
- Any installation where non-specified equipment is required i.e. tvLinks, amplified splitters, signal amplifiers, etc.
- Any installation where we're required to travel more than 25km's (one way)
3.2 PAYMENT IN ADVANCE
To safeguard ourselves from fraud and scammers, we require the payment of at least all equipment in advance, whenever our quotation/s exceeds R500-00 in total. The balance (labour portion) is due immediately on completion of the work.
3.3 FURNITURE MOVING
We’re very accommodating when it comes to moving furniture in order to complete an installation, but from time to time some individuals expect us to spend hours unpacking shelves and moving furniture around. Please note that this is not our responsibility and we may charge extra (provided it’s specified and agreed in advance) to perform these additional duties.
3.4 DAMAGE LIABILITY
We take every precaution and specifically train our staff not to damage any equipment or fixed object during your installation. In the unlikely event that something accidentally do get damaged, we reserve the right to be allowed the 1st opportunity to appoint a contractor at our cost to see to any repairs within 7 days of the installation. Failure to comply with the above, will unconditionally indemnify Satellite Solutions and/or any of its employee/s and or representative/s from any damage claims. Please note that Satellite Solutions branches are owned, operated and managed independently from each other and liability remains at branch level.